
As I've said, I used map paper from an actual book that had come from a box along time ago. There was a lot of it and it was sitting in the bottom. Very outta place, but I knew I could use it. I've also used it to wrap ugly books for my bookshelf....
Anyway, I sanded the map paper to rough out the cities and make it look like it actually got dragged through the sand..... I had water paper, added colored vellum, eyelets. On the left are pockets. Pocket on a pocket, with two tags. I put shells I had on the rectangle pockets just to show you what I was going for. They are not glued on because I want my neices to find their own and we'll get them on when we are at the beach. There is a arrow tag underneath the shell in one pocket to put the date found of the shell and another pocket under that with a tag for them to write anything they want....(how they like the shell, how they found the shell, who found that one, etc.) On the right side pocket is larger tags I made for them to write other thoughts.
Here's a Before and After: 





No comments:
Post a Comment