February 10, 2009

A paper craft request Ok- ignore the lazy cat in the background! ha!
I painted these flowers and such on this
metal "S" years ago.
I love it but want a new look -temporarily.


Below is a step by step tutorial
if you want to make a similar one
I used chipboard that comes from the back of some paper packs.
Sometimes, when you buy paper from Archivers they put
your paper between these sheets of chipboard.

To get the large monogram you can enlarge your letter on word processor.
Then adhere it to the chipboard.
Trace it.

Cut it!

Cut out letter from your choice of paper.

Glue patterned paper on chipboard

I then sanded the edges using sand paper. You
can use a sandblock or even a sand nailfile.
I used removable Glue Dots so when I'm sick
of this look I can remove it off of the metal letter.

Embellish! Embellish! Embellish! Few other ideas:
If you don't have a shape (metal or paper mache) to put the paper on
but you have the chipboard -do the same steps but mount
it on matboard, foam board, poster board and frame it. Put multiple letters on painted wooden blocks.
Here are some similar ideas:
Homegrown Hospitality mag. (no longer in print)
Love the clear acrylic heart in the center!
Homegrown Hospitality mag. (no longer in print)
You could frame this also.

Homegrown Hospitality (no longer in print)
Use wooden blocks, paper mache, small cheap dollar store
gift boxes and paint them white (some do come white)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea!

    I really like the framed one. I still havent after 2 years got all my pictures on the wall of the twins and my dh. I Love the idea of the initials. I think I might make an "L" for our last name. :) Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete