February 11, 2009

Valentine Crafty!

Here's a little re-post for those wanting a quick teacher valentine craft...
Valentine Crafty!

My Tutorial for a Valentine Crafty!
(I'm a procrastinator, in my defense, I just found this idea)
Find a pop top can...

Using a can opener, open the BOTTOM of the can. (Be careful, when it comes out it may be sharp!) Clean out the inside being careful not to pop the top open from the inside. Remove the label.

Pick your paper, measure and use double adhesive to adhere it to the can. I started at the seam and wrapped around.

I then added the candy. I also added tissue to the can so that my glue wouldn't touch the candy once sealed.

I used a hot glue gun to seal the bottom. I added a small dab to the lid. After touching the can it adheres immediately. So work quick and adhere where it came off originally. I then continued to glue around the bottom. Because it dries so quick I got to Embellish! Embellish! Embellish! Right away! Yippee! (I love details, can ya tell?)

And you know me, I'm impatient so this Crafty was a true quicky! You can use this idea for any occasion. Birthdays, Jelly Beans for Easter, Buttons for the sewing person in your life, pistachios for the nut in your life, I could go on.....

Now go empty those cans and make those kids eat that fruit! Ha!









2 comments:

  1. Oh my Word! This is a cute idea!!

    How are you doing on the menu challange?

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really cute!!! I love it!! I think this is a good storage solution for so many stuff.. like buttons and my kiddo's hair clips! thanks for sharing this idea and thanks for following my blog !! happy V day!

    ReplyDelete