March 11, 2009

Bedside Mannerisms

As most know, I have a lot of books and magazines, (and a small portion of what I do have) are always by my bedside. I have a basket on the opposite side of my night table, and a small tote bag closer to my bed. I also have my garbage can for those pesky subscription cards. Somehow, even with all that and my night tables drawers, I still need more places to hide my magazines and an occasional bottle of water. (Especially during the summer!)
So this is totally on my to-do list.




It's an easy sewing project (just two straight lines) when made from an old handkerchief or napkin, or flour sack/dish towel material. The idea is that the long flap gets sandwiched between your mattress and box spring, providing support for the items in the pocket. You might want to make that flap a little longer for heavier items.


Kangaroom.com has a nice one you can buy called a "Bedside Saddle" for those who don't want to break out the needle and thread!


Jeri Dansky has many more pictures and websites for buying bedside pocket/caddies. http://jdorganizer.blogspot.com/2008/08/bedside-caddy-keeps-things-close-at.html







1 comment:

  1. Now this is my kinda idea!!! I have too much really necessary stuff on my beside table and the book usually ends up on the floor until morning, which I just hate because I'm such a fanatic about 'taking care of' any book.

    ReplyDelete