March 09, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Cometh

Tooth Fairy Pillows and Pouches
My son is going to be 6 in June, so I know that first baby tooth will be coming out soon!


I looooove these pouch bags! Soooo cute!!!!!
www.silverpenny.com





Tooth Fairy Pillow


Debbie Colgrove
Here's a project



Materials Needed



Fabric Scraps - small prints or plain white
PolyFill or stuffing
A small scrap for pocket (3"square)
Thread




Directions
Prepare pocket by pressing under 1/2" on three edges. On the top of the pocket, turn under 1/4" and 1/4" again to enclose the raw edge. Top stitch the hem into place.
Pin pocket in to place on the pillow front. Stitch 1/8" from three edges leaving the hemmed edge open.
Place wrong sides of the pillow body together.
Stitch the pieces together using a 1/4" seam allowance, from dot to dot. Leave open the small area between the dots.
Notch seam allowance at the curves.
Turn pillow right sides out. Stuff pillow.
Slipstitch opening closed.



Tips
Use lace or trim around the pocket to dress up the pillow.
Embroider eyes and nose on the pillow front, leaving the pocket as a mouth.
Embroider the childs name on the pillow.





I saw an altoid box altered into a cute tooth fairy box.
May have to try that since I seem to be paper crafting like a mad-woman lately!
I sure like those pouches!

Can't help but giggle...
What a laugh! (and a little scary...) LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment